Suppliers of Historic Merchandise
- Smoking Iron Alterations Smoking Iron Web Ste with Directions to the Shop, Contact Information and Catalogue of Historical Clothing and Equipment.
- Wm. Booth, Draper, At the Sign of the Unicorn Merchant Specializing in Flax and Hemp Linens, Wools, Books, Patterns, and Notions including Linen Thread, Wool Braid, Gold Lace, Silk Ribbon, Linen and Cotton Tape, Sleeve Buttons, Thread Buttons, Knitting Wool, Samplers, Sewing Accessories
- The Dressmakers Shop High Quality Fabric for Historic Sewing, Silk, Wool, Reproduction Cotton, Linen, Velvet, Linings, Historic Patterns, Fashion Books, Chatelaines, Ribbons, and Trims
- Otter Creek Rifle Works John Rice Founded Otter Creek Rifle Works Sells Reproductions of Antique Firearms, Miniatures, Antique Firearm Restorations and Repair, Medallions, Wampum Belts and Other 18th Century Finery.
- Art of Spirit LeatherWorks Handcrafted Leather Goods in the Native Tradition. Bags, Pouches and Purses, Regalia and Dance Belts. We Care About Quality as Much as You Do!
- V.C.R. Inc. Offers a Variety of Authentic Cross-Frame Furniture Replicated from the Roman Time Frame, 18th Century, Fur Trade, and Civil War. If you are Looking for Correct Furniture for Your Living History Camp You Can Find it Here.
- Richard Heinicke Blacksmithing Experience CUSTOM Crafted Blacksmith Ironwork Using Centuries Old Techniques: Fireplace and Campfire Tools, Reproductions, Kitchen Hardware, Lantern and Candle holders
- Ron Vail Powder Horns Museum Quality Historically Correct Powder Horns and Other Horn Items
- Middlesex Village Trading Co Suppliers of Flintlock Muskets, Pistols and Accessories as Well as Swords and Other Edged Weapons.
- Dirk and Thistle Pewter Works Pewter Medallions, Jewelry and Buttons
- Medicine River Trading Company Recreating the History of America 1700-1900
- Minx & Tim's Camp Specializing in Quillwork, Beadwork, Wampum, Books and Much More
- Michele's Sew it Seams Historically Accurate Reenactment Clothing
- River Crossing Inc. River Crossing is a Company that Specializes in Historic Presentations and Period Clothing, and is the Result of the Joining of Two Established Companies, Rolling Thunder Ranch by Mike Guli, and Miss Tabithas by Sharon Moore.
- Carl Giordano - Tinsmith An Eminent Assortment of Tin Ware Executed in the Best Manner--Reproduction Tin Ware for the Reenactor and Home Decorator
- Swamp Fox Knives Maker of Fine Knives and Accouterments for the 1750-1865 Living Historian, Collectors, Museums, and Film Productions.
- Kannik's Korner Publishers and Designers of Carefully Researched and Documented Historical Clothing Patterns and Related Books. Patterns are Well Illustrated, with Complete Written Directions. Specializing in 18th and Early 19th Century.
- Flying Canoe Traders Online Store 18th Century Men's Clothing and Shoes for the French & Indian - Revolutionary War Re-enactor
- DeLaRonde Forge Professional Blacksmith, Hand Forged Knives, Tomahawks, Axes and Spurs.
- Beaver Buckets Cooperage, Specializing in Making Handcrafted Historical Reproductions of Wooden Buckets, Butter Churns, Civil War and War of 1812 Canteens, Kegs, Washtubs, Washboards, and Yokes.
- Backwoods Tin Shop Fine Handmade Tin, Copper and Stainless Steel reproductions of the 1700'ss and 1800's.
- Crazy Crow Since 1970 - Complete line of Native American Indian and Mountain Man arts, crafts, craft supply & craft kits. Your Indian Powwow or Mountain Man Rendezvous, dance, camp & shooter craft supply source. 104 page full-color catalog - order online.
- Pack Saddle Shop All Your Backcountry Packing Needs for Outfitting Your Horse, Mule or Donkey
- Northwest Traders Foremost Supplier of Finished Capotes, Capote Kits and Blankets
- Panther Primitives The Best Historical Tents Historical Reproduction Tents
- Welcome to L&R Lock Precision Built Mechanisms Include All the Features You've Come to Expect From the Number 1 Lock Manufacturer in the World Today
- Stone Edge One of the Finest Bowyers, Arrow Makers and Flint Knappers Currently Working in the Native American Tradition
- Braintan.Com Brain Tanned Hides and Information, Resources and Supplies
- The Quartermaster General Purveyors of fine quality, historically accurate, replica civilian clothing, military uniforms, and equipage for reenactors.
- Apple Cart Creations Historically accurate Reenactment knitted and woven items. All merchandise is Hand Knit or Hand Wove with preshrunk Hand spun wool yarn using custom patterns developed from original articles. Lindsey-Woolsey fabric using Hand Spun yarn in period stripes. Custom orders welcomed.
- R & R Metalworks As the name states, our main focus is metalwork. Yes, we make most of the metal items ourselves. As you browse our site, you will see other items, some of which we also make.
- Antiquity Period Designs specializes in 18th century American products for home decor. Re-enactment supplies and campaign furniture are available. Dennis Bork is the national award-winning furniture maker who constructs custom furniture using traditional tools and methods of construction.
- Mount Vernon The Home of George Washington
- Fort Michilimackinac Virtual Photo Tour Interactive Tour Around Fort Michilimackinac
- Mackinac State Historic Parks-Colonial Michilimackinac, Historic Mill Creek, Old Mackinac Point Light, Fort Mackinac, Historic Downtown
- Conner Prairie Home Page
- Feast Of The Hunters Moon The Feast of the Hunters' Moon is a Re-creation of the Annual Fall Gathering of the French and Native Americans Which Took Place at Fort Ouiatenon, A Fur Trading Outpost in the Mid - 1700s
- Fort Ticonderoga Official Website
- Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village They Called It "Henry's Attic" - A Place Where Memorabilia and Memories Were Tucked Away to be Recalled Another Day
- Old Fort Niagara The Official Website of Old Fort Niagara
- Welcome to Colonial Williamsburg America's Premier Living History Museum
- Pulteney's Regiment (13th Foot) UK Based Group Re-enacting the Period from 1740 to 1760 but Specializing in the Dates 1742-50. We Aim to Recreate as Authentically as Possible a Unit of Soldiers in King George II's Service.
- The Company of Fifers & Drummers The Company of Fifers & Drummers is the Leading Organization of Fife and Drum Corps, with Members throughout the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom and Europe. They Own and Maintain The Museum of Fife & Drum and an Extensive Music Library and Archives.
- Northwest Territory of the N-SSA The NWT is One of the 12 Regions of the N-SSA, Based in Michigan. The N-SSA is a Civil War Firearms Competition Fired by Teams Representing Actual Units from the American Civil War.
- Choctaw's Buckskinner Links Buckskinner, Mountain Man, James Barrow Caton "CHOCTAW" Links Go On and ON
- National Rendezvous and Living History Foundation Dedicated to Making Our National Rendezvous the Best Events in the U.S
- White Oak Society This Web Site Was Developed to Serve as an Educational Resource About the Fur Trade Era Within the Great Lakes Region
- Bruce J. "Woodpecker" Meurer Artisan and Historical Reeanactor, Specializing In Handcarved 18th Century Native American Figuresof the Eastern Woodlands Cultures
- Michigan OnLine Michigan's Premiere Web Site. Things To Do While In Michigan USA. Your Travel Information Guide To The Great Lakes State
- Kalamazoo County Visitors & Convention Center Discover Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoomi.com Everything that is Kalamazoo on the Internet
- The Michigan Event Calendar The Most Comprehensive Index About Michigan.
- Travel Michigan State of Michigan Travel Information and Events
Publishers & Presses
Powder Journal Online An Electronic Magazine for the Black Powder
Enthusiast. Only Available On Line, Not At the News Stand. No Longer
Actively Published, But Back Issues Are Available Online Dating from
- Primitive Archer Magazine A Quarterly Published Magazine Dedicated Solely to the Field of Primitive Archery
- Purple Mountain Press Publisher of Hard-To-Find Books About New York State and Maritime Books.
- Paramount Press Period Prints by Robert Griffing and Other Artists
- Anvil Magazine Voice of the Farrier and Blacksmith A Magazine Dedicated to Blacksmithing
War Courier Newspaper for Civil War Enthusiasts, Reenactors, Historians,
Collectors, and for Those Who Provide the Goods and Services to the
Civil War Community
- Reenactor.Net Here You Will Find Information About Historical Reenacting Around the World
- Muzzleloader Magazine Homepage
- National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association Official Home Page
Magazine Dedicated To The Preservation Of Old Frontier Living
- Map of Ft. Detroit (pdf) 1763 Detroit From Bellin's 1764 Atlas.
- Ft. Detroit History of Detroit from Pre-settlement to Fort Ponchartrain to British Rule to American City. A Massive Database of Detroit History.
of Pontiac's Conspiracy, 1763 The Authorship of this Journal is
Uncertain. It was Written in French by One of the Besieged Captives
Inside the Fort at Detroit In 1763. The Editor of the 1912 Edition Suggested
the Author May Have Been One of the Catholic Clergy Stationed There;
a Later Editor Speculated It May Have Been a Trader or Other Unlucky
Visitor Caught Up in these Damatic Events.
- The Lake Champlain and Lake George Historical Site Contains a Geographical Map of the Area, Links, a Historical Tour, a Timeline, a Bibliography, and Other Resources.
- Maps of the French and Indian War Online Exhibition of Maps of the French and Indian War from the Collections of the Massachusetts Historical Society.
- U.S. National Archives & Records Administration Find Information about the Historical Records of the US. The NARA is a Unique, Interactive Journey through the History of America as Told through Documents Preserved by the National Archives
- Civil War Union Army Rations This Articles Provides Information on the Union Army Rations between 1861 and 1865
- Civil War Enlisted Uniforms 43 Hand Colored Photographs of Civil War Enlisted Uniforms from a Two Volume Set, Bound in 1866 for the Quartermaster General
- Changes In The Uniform Of The Army 1774-1895 A Booklet Published by the U.S. Army Quartermaster's Department in 1895 that Gives an Excellent Overview of Uniform Changes Since the American Revolution
- 18th Century Costume Resources Online A Comprehensive Index of Costume Links for Those Who Study and/or Make Costumes or Period Clothing
- Historic Pittsburgh A Digital Collection that Provides an Opportunity to Explore and Research the History of Pittsburgh and the Surrounding Western Pennsylvania Area on the Internet
- Hardtack Briefly Describes the History of Hardtack and Offers Several Recipes, Historical and Modern.
- Hardtack-1863 Specifications U.S. Army Specifications for Preparing and the Care of Hardtack
- Battle of Breeds and Bunker Hills You Can Taste the Blood and Gunpowder in this Fiery Account of Israel Putnam at the Battle of Breeds and Bunker Hills.
and Concord Battle Excellent History of the Lexington and Concord
Battle, with a Good Map of the Battle Road
War Related Links Very Good Civil War Resource Site
- Native American Technology and Art Information Focusing on Materials of the Eastern Woodlands, Providing Historical and Contemporary Background, Technical Instruction and References
Longrifles This Site is Dedicated to the Study and Building of the
American Longrifle and to the People Who Made and Used it to Build a
American Foods and Recipes Traditional Native American Foods, Recipes,
Nutrition Information, Herbs, Cookbooks, Stories, and Teacher Resources.
- Pemmican This traditional Native American food made from dried meat pounded into
a paste could be preserved for long periods of time in the form of pressed
cakes. It was especially useful on long journeys or hunting expeditions
Overland Trail Information on the Overland Trail, the Concord Coach,
the Route, the Ride, the People and the Trails West
- Lewis and Clark Historic Trail Walk in the Footsteps of Lewis and Clark as they Travel Through Unknown Lands in Search of an Uninterrupted Waterway to the Pacific
- Wells Fargo History Page Wells Fargo History Museums Display Original Concord Coaches, Wells Fargos Banking and Express Documents, Artifacts, Early Photos, Gold Coins, Mining Tools, Ore, Balance Scales, Working Telegraphs, and Western Fine Art
of Congress Map Collection The Geography and Map Division has Custody
of the Largest and Most Comprehensive Cartographic Collection in the
World with Collections Numbering Over 4.5 Million Maps
- CYBERRODEO - Cowboys & Cowgirls Howdy Pardner! Welcome to Cowboys & Cowgirls, One of the Best Darn Collections of Western Links on the Internet
- Buffalo Soldiers & Indian Wars The Mission of the Buffalo Soldier Network is to Honor the Memory of the Buffalo Soldiers, in Historical, Educational and Genealogical Perspectives
- American Indian Studies This Site is Dedicated to the Presentation of Unique Artwork, Photographs, Video and Sound Recordings which Accurately Reflect the History, Culture and Richness of the Native American Experience in North America
- The War Times Journal Portal The Portal Link List is an On-line Military Resource for Researchers, Hobbyists, Military Professionals and all Others with an Interest in Military History, Science and Defense
- News and Historical Hookups Links to Civil War Reenactment Units, Old West, Native American and American History Sites and Historical Information
- History Net - Where History Comes Alive on the Web Informative Site Sponsored by the National Historical Society
- Discovering Lewis and Clark A 19-part Synopsis of the Expedition, Illustrated with Selections from the Journals of the Expedition, Photographs, Maps, Animated Graphics, Moving Pictures, and Sound Files
- Western Fur Trade Historical Source Documents A Library of Diaries, Journals, Narratives, and Letters of the Mountain Men and Trappers
- Naval History Information Center Wide Array of Resources Related to Naval History, Shipbuilding, Maritime History, and Naval and Maritime Photography
- Thomas Jefferson Papers Complete Thomas Jefferson Papers from the Manuscript Division at the Library of Congress
- George Washington Papers Complete George Washington Papers Collection from the Manuscript Division at the Library of Congress
- Hargrett Rare Book & Manuscript Library University of Georgia Maintains a Collection of More than 800 Historic Maps Spanning Nearly 500 Years
- Search for Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Search by Name for Records of Union and Confederate Troops
- Americanrevolution.org Your Internet Gateway to the American War of Independence 1775-1783
Journal Well Documented and Referenced Information for Canadian
Fur Trade Era Re-enactors, Voyageurs, Historic Site Interpreters, and
American Buckskinners Living History, Reenactments, Treks, Rendezvous,
Shoots, Gatherings for Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas
- Hudson's Bay Company Archives A Great Place to Research the Canadian Fur Trade
- Mountain Men and the Fur Trade Sources of the History of the Fur Trade in the Rocky Mountain West.
- The Library of Congress U.S. Library of Congress On-line Resources
- Museum of the Fur Trade Dedicated to Preserving the Rich History of the North American Fur Trade
- Museum of the American Mountain Men Presents a Visual and Interpretative Experience into the Romantic Era of the Mountain Man and Provides a Comprehensive Overview of the Western Fur Trade's Historical Significance
- American History Source Documents Documents for the Study of American History
Maps of the United States A Collection of Historical Maps of the
- On This Date In North American Indian History Over 3,000 Historical Events on a Day-by-Day Basis; Indian Moon Names; Tribal Name Meanings and Alternatives; and Links to Over 8,000 Other Sites
- Costume Gallery Research Library An Online Library of Historic Fashions to Research from Gothic to Present Day